- Telephone:+31 20 59 83288
- Room nr:2a-96
- Unit:faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law (transnational legal studies)
- Since 2010 Ph.D. researcher at VU University Amsterdam.
- 2009-2010 (November – March) Legal Advisor Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (European Law division).
- 2008-2009 LL.M. European Law at the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium.
- 2002-2008 International Relations and European Law at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
Laurens conducts research in the programme Boundaries of Law. His research focuses on the regulation of fair and sustainable trade on the EU internal market, in particular the relationship between (private) regulation of fair trade and sustainable products and competition law, free movement law and public procurement law.
- Ankersmit, L.J. (2013). What if Cassis de Dijon were Cassis de Quebec? The assimilation of goods of third country origin in the internal market. Common Market Law Review, 50(5), 1387-1410.
- Ankersmit, L.J. & Lawrence, J.C. (2012). The Future of Environmental Labelling: The Tuna II panel and the scope of the TBT. Legal Issues of Economic Integration, 39(1), 127-147.
- Ankersmit, L.J., Lawrence, J.C. & Davies, G.T. (2012). Diverging EU and WTO Perspectives on Extraterritorial Process Regulation. Minnesota Journal of International Law, 21(online), 14-94.
European Law, EU internal market law, EU external relations law, WTO law.
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam