The Faculty of Law is accommodated in a new building at the VU campus: Initium. In this modern building you find facilities like the Student Service Desk, computer rooms and a sandwich bar. Initium also houses the largest lecture hall of VU University Amsterdam, with room for 550 students. All staff members of the faculty have flexible workplaces. These workplaces are shared by all employees, resulting in an efficient use of the new space and a save of money on housing costs. This way the faculty can invest more in education and research.
The Master's programme in International Business Law is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the field of international business and trade. The programme focuses on the legal aspects of commercial transactions, such as drafting contracts, insurance, financing and bank guarantees. Regulating trade and investments is vital to help counter the potential detrimental effects of globalization.
Amsterdam Law Forum is the online academic journal of the Faculty of Law. The journal focuses on international and transnational law, in particular security and criminal law. The journal serves as a platform for academic work, opinions and literary review for established and young scholars. Amsterdam Law Forum is edited by international and Dutch law students and appears four times a year.
- "EU Border Plan is textbook example of tunnel vision"
- Yussef Al Tamimi wins Max van der Stoel Award
- Honorary doctorate awarded to Judge Fons Orie
- Over a million pages of trial documents
- Serge Brammertz opened academic year for master students
- Police professionals are better observers than ordinary civilians
- VU University firmly in top 100 of Shanghai Ranking
- Visiting researcher from Sydney: Prue Vines