This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 89000
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( privaatrecht )
- PhD candidate
Labour law, social security law, liability law, rehabilitation, personal injury.
Marieke Opdam conducts research in the programmes Amsterdam Centre for Family Law and Fundamental rights, regulation and responsible government.
A personal injury victim frequently has to deal with the duty to mitigate damage in liability law, and the rehabilitation obligations in labour and social security law simultaneously. This situation occurs when an employee is rendered unable to perform his work due to a damage-causing event for which a third party is liable. Several problems arise because of the mutual influence of obligations originating from different areas of law. For instance, rehabilitation can fail or a victim can be forced to comply with obligations that are not in accordance with liability law. This study aims to resolve these problems.Main publications
- M. Opdam, ‘Schadebeperking en de verplichting om passende arbeid te verrichten’, TVP 2009, p. 100-108.
- M.Opdam, ‘Het begrip beschikbaarheid in de WW’, SMA 2008, p. 140-150.
All VU University Amsterdam-publications, via Metis
- 2008-Present: PhD candidate at VU University Amsterdam.
- 2004-2008: Law at VU university Amsterdam. Graduated in june 2008 (Cum laude).
- 2008: Internship at SAP personal injury lawyers, Amersfoort. After her internship Marieke Opdam worked as a paralegal at SAP for several months.
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam