Previous event: Kickoff seminar VU Nexus Centre | Impact of BEPS on tax treaties (19 October 2017)
On 19 October 2017, we celebrated the launch of the VU Nexus Centre for multinational taxation with a seminar on the impact of BEPS on tax treaties, especially the Multilateral Instrument (MLI) and the 2017 update to the OECD Model.
The seminar focussed on the following themes:
- MLI implementation: current state of play - M. Evers, LLM (OECD)
- Anti-hybrid mismatch rules - M. C. de Graaf, LLM (Dutch tax authorities, VU Nexus Centre)
- Dual resident entities - prof. G. Maisto (Università Cattolica di Piacenza; Maisto e Associati)
- Anti-abuse measures - prof. A. Rust (WU Vienna)
- Avoidance of PE status and 2017 update OECD Model – prof. A.A. Skaar (University of Oslo)
Other speakers were: prof. J.W. Bellingwout (VU Nexus Centre; KPMG Meijburg & Co); prof. F.P.G. Pötgens (VU Nexus Centre; De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek), dr. R.A. Bosman (VU Nexus Centre; Loyens & Loeff)
The seminar was aimed at a broad audience of academics, tax practitioners (both in the public and private sector), government officials, national and international tax policy makers, and students.