Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 86535
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( transnational legal studies )
- Guest Professor
After a stay during his sabbatical in 2014, Andrew Murray decided to strengthen the links between UK and VU University Amsterdam by becoming a permanent guest professor. Andrew Murray is Professor of Law with particular reference to New Media and Technology Law at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA). Andrew studied law at Edinburgh University, from where he graduated (LL.B. Hons) in 1994. He undertook the one year Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice during 1994-95 and then spent one year as a research assistant in the Department of Private Law, University of Edinburgh before taking up a lectureship in law at the University of Stirling in 1996. He joined the LSE Law Department in September 2000. As well as holding memberships of: The Society of Computers and Law (SCL); The Higher Education Academy (HEA) and The David Hume Institute, Andrew was from 2001-2004 an Executive Member of the British and Irish Law, Education and Technology Association (BILETA); and was from 2002-2008 a recognised 'Independent Expert' of the Nominet UK Dispute Resolution Procedure and from 2007-2012 a Fellow of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn. He was a visiting professor at the Computer/Law Institute, VU Amsterdam in Michaelmas Term 2014 and a visiting professor in the Ecole de Droit, Sciences Po, Paris in Lent Term 2015.
New Media and Technology Law
- Member of the Management Board of Creative Commons, England & Wales
- Secretary for the Modern Law Review
- Expert Panelist for the ICC New gTLD Dispute Resolution Procedure for Limited Public Interest Objections
- Member of the Advisory Committee UNESCO study on Freedom of Expression and Media Development relating to Internet intermediaries